Re: Weekly close from daily?

At 1:54 PM -0700 4/11/01, Ivo Karindi wrote:

>Any ideas how to extract weekly closes from a smaller-scale data like
>intraday or daily?  The problem, as I see it, is that simply writing
>
>	if DayOfWeek(Date)=5 then ...
>
>does not work as often a trading week may end on Thursday, or even
>Wednesday, due to various holidays.  And I would not want to wait for the
>next bar (Monday, Tuesday, whatever) to get the weekly close confirmed.

You might look at the CloseW function. It waits until Monday to be
sure the previous week has ended.

I wonder why you care about waiting until Monday. For historical
testing it clearly doesn't matter since you can always refer back to
the Friday values, and for actual trading you surely know on Thursday
if Friday is a holiday...

Bob Fulks