RE: portfolio testing

Bob, I think I disagree with your comments (below) and could I ask you to
help me better understand. I'm having difficulty with your example in which
you state that the doubling of exposure by the use of leverage also doubles
the standard deviation. Given the same performance of two portfolios with
differing SDs, how would a third portfolio identical to the first except for
the application of leverage to cause its SD to be equal to that of the
second portfolio prove your example?

Colin West