Re[2]: Security Report excerpt - What can be done?

On Monday, April 02, 2001, 8:57:46 PM, Mark Jurik wrote:

MJ> So why use a mail reader like Outlook with as many security holes
MJ> as Swiss Cheese?

Agreed. I have moved to TheBat, which is quite strong from a security
viewpoint. IMHO, it is well worth the small price to have the security
- sort of like buying a virus program. :-) I have seen dozens of virii
in incoming mail. I can even look at the mail to verify the hazard,
with no risk of infection. Here's a recent mini-review:

"The BAT! is a feisty multi-tasking email client that is rapidly
gaining popularity and for good reason. Cursory examination of it
reveals solid effective security measures on all fronts, including
non-browser dependent html viewing (with on/off switch), random named
file cache, exceptional warnings when clicking on just about any
attachment be it *.html, *.txt etc. Really very good. Good warning
scheme others can learn from."

Besides security, it does other tasks well, too. No affiliation - just
a happy customer.

ztrader