Re: Volume Weighted Bars

On Monday, April 02, 2001, 3:38:54 PM, Wayne Mathews wrote:

WM> In a crude way it is possible to plot volume weighted bars using a
WM> variation of the code I posted on the list on Tue, 18 Jul 2000
WM> 11:08.

It might work for some purposes, such as a crude visual indicator, but
it has a huge flaw analytically: it does NOT allow the distance along
the x-axis to change according to the volume weight. If you apply an
indicator to the two types of charts, you will get VERY different
results. This would prevent you from using the real guts of the idea -
to make a variable x-axis.

Too crude to capture the full power of the idea, IMHO. Even the use as
a visual clue would suffer if the indicators do not use the variable
x-axis.

There are many other 'views' of data that TS cannot begin to show. TS
users will continue to be 'blind' to these - an increasing problem as
trading technology improves with time, and others adopt these
techniques.

ztrader