TS Questions (newbie)

Hello,

I'm new to testing and I'm thinking of buying some testing
software so I thought you all may be able to answer some of my
questions:

Is 250,000 bars of data e.g., too much for TS? I would like to
test some 1 min. and 5 min. data...

I want to be able to hook up the system testing software in
real-time to give me signals, so does TS offer some big
advantages over using Excel for the same thing? Would it be
better to test in TS so I can see the charts and then put my
systems into Excel for the
live feed and signals?

Is it worth buying a used copy of TS on eBay or am I wasting my
money? Would I be able to hook it up to a real-time feed?

If I have a stock system and I  want to scan a few thousand
stocks in real-time for buys and sells intraday, do I need
RadarScreen or just TS?

Is TS the only game in town for both intraday testing and a
real-time hookup?

Thanks for any help.

Paul Cates