Workspace/data not loading properly

After copying my drive's contents to another drive so I could do some
system repairs I DL-ed Omega omz refresh data for the few days I was out
of commission. Then, when I went to load my primary workspaces they
wouldn't load properly. That is, they'd appear to be still loading but
nothing was happening. The hourglass remained, no disk access was
happening, and when I checked on the application's status (under W95 --
yes, I know) it said the charting & server weren't responding.

I'd reboot, try again, & get the same response (actually, lack of
response). Once or twice I just let it sit there, and after about 20 or
30 minutes the workspace would finally load. The data that was most
current, however, was only up until I had to do the drive swap. The
currnet refresh data was missing.

When I tried loading a new chart/workspace, using a template, the same
thing happened. When I tried again, but with raw data & no indicators it
loaded just fine. However, again the data was only current up until the
date of the hard disk swap.

I'm going nutz trying to get my workspaces, etc. back. I want to try Bob
Scott's defrag utility, but hesitate doing so until this issue is
resolved. Any suggestions?

Michael