RE: Lagging moving averages?

> Well, there are just 2 ways to go: more lag and less whipsaws, or
> less lag and more whipsaws.  However fancy the XXX indicator is,
> its interaction with price/time geometry still remains the same.
> But maybe I have missed the whole point completely...

You may have.  What you say (lag vs. whipsaws, or lag vs. noise as I
described it) tends to be pretty fixed for ANY ONE TOOL.  But one
tool may have a better lag vs. noise profile than another.

That's the attraction behind rocket-science filters like JMA or T3.
Their lag vs. noise profiles is much better than for similar tools.
E.g. for an equivalent amount of lag (delay), JMA and T3 will have
MUCH less noise (whipsaws) than simpler tools like xaverage.  JMA is
slightly better than T3, with slightly less lag for equivalent noise.

Gary