Globex2 Transition to new Host architecture

>From the CME:

During March and April, CME GLOBEX®2 users will transition to a new host
architecture that will enhance system stability, augment order throughput
performance, and improve order information processing.

The new GLOBEX®2 technology involves processes that accept orders from your
firm's order entry server and/or CME FIX connection.  Currently, all order
entry servers and/or CME FIX connections access the host via the FI (Frontal
Interface).  Starting in March, the CME will begin phasing out the old FI
design and introduce the new HIP/HOP structure (Host Input Process/Host
Output Process).  Do note that no programming changes will be necessary by
your firm for this transition to occur.

Every Friday during the transition we will be asking all users to cancel any
GTC or GTD orders working in the E-mini S&P 500 ("ES"), E-mini Nasdaq 100
("NQ"), and S&P 500 Barra Growth ("SG") contracts for Saturday testing
purposes.  Any GTC or GTD ES, NQ, or SG orders remaining in the GLOBEX®2
trading engine after 3:15 PM CST will be canceled by the GCC.  GTC and GTD
orders working in other markets or in the Order Management Database ("OM")
will not be affected.

Another letter will be issued to your firm within two weeks of your scheduled
migration date.  That correspondence will detail both the weekend(s) your
firm will be converted along with the recommended test requirements for the
specified conversion weekend.

****UPDATED Wednesday, March 21, 2001****

Effective immediately - it has been decided to rollback the change described
in System Update #25.  CME will cancel nothing from the Order Management
Database on Fridays.

In order to minimize risk exposure, we have implementing GTC and GTD
procedure in the Order Management database which FIX API, TOPS, and ORAPI
orders utilize.  Beginning on Friday, March 9, 2001, all GTC and GTD orders
in our Order Management database that are open at 4:05 PM CST will be expired
at that time.  A Cancel Ack will be sent back on all orders purged.  This
procedure will run every subsequent Friday at 4:05 Pm CST.  There are no
changes necessary on the client side in order to take advantage of this new
procedure.

***** If any of these issues raise questions or concerns about the trading
interface you are using, I suggest you contact your brokerage firm with those
questions in writing.

Regards,

John J. Lothian

Disclosure: Futures trading involves financial risk, lots of it!  John J.
Lothian is the President of the Electronic Trading Division of The Price
Futures Group, Inc. an Introducing Broker.