From: Gary Fritz [mailto:fritz@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2001 12:37 PM
To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Update Every Tick question

Here's an odd one:

If I display "upticks+downticks", with "Update Every Tick" turned on,
it works just as I would expect.  For my test case of the NDX, it
shows me 4 ticks per minute when my feed is healthy.

Now if I turn "UET" *off*, I show *3* ticks per minute, consistently.
 But if I toggle the indicator off/on, all the 3-per-minute plots
magically turn into 4 per minute.

It appears that upticks+downticks is only 3 at the moment that the
bar closes, but upticks+downticks for the bar is actually 4.

Why is this??

Gary