Re: an easy TS4.0 and Windows 2000i question

Run, do not walk to your nearest software store for a copy of
Win2000. TS4 is totally stable under its OS.

The following will help with install:

The following is the procedure if you run into
problem installing under Win2000:
>Mr. Berentson,
>
>The only issue encountered to date between the
products has been related to
>the Security Block drivers. In order for the
block to be recognized, the
>steps outlined in the Ntreadme.wri file located
in the
>Omega\Prog\Drivers\NT
>directory must be completed. The text of this
file is included below. In
>addition, the following lines must be added to
the system.ini file as the
>first two lines under the [386Enh] Section as
follows:
>[386Enh]
>device=ssiact.386
>SSI_LPT=1
>1 is used for LPT1, 2 for LPT2, etc. if the
block is attached to a port
>other than LPT1.
>Text of Ntreadme.wri file:
>NOTE: Using Windows 2000, the System32
directory is located in the Windows
>directory, not WINNT as outlined below. Please
use the Windows\SYSTEM32 or
>Windows\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ directory where
applicable.  Manual Installation
>of the Security Block under Windows NT The
following is a list of
>instruction on how to manually install the
drivers for the Security Block
>under the Windows NT operating system:
>Step 1
>Copy the following files located in your
OMEGA\PROG\DRIVERS\NT directory to
>the WINNT\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ directory:
>SSIDDDP.SYS
>SSIPDDP.SYS
>Step 2
>Copy the following file located in your
OMEGA\PROG\DRIVERS\NT directory to
>the WINNT\SYSTEM32\ directory:
>SSIVDDP.DLL
>Step 3
>Add the following line to the CONFIG.NT file in
Windows NT WINNT\SYSTEM32
>directory.
>DEVICE=%SystemRoot%\system32\drivers\SSIDDDP.SYS
 Step 4 Locate your MS-DOS
>prompt. At the prompt type the letter of the
drive in which your Omega
>directory resides followed by the colon and the
pressing Enter or Return
>key.
>Then Type in the following line followed by
pressing the Enter or Return
>key.
>CD\OMEGA\PROG\DRIVERS\NT\SSIREGI install
>If you are installing your Security Block on
LPT1, STOP HERE and restart
>your computer. You have completed the
installation of the Security Block.
>If
>you are installing the Security Block on
another LPT port continue with the
>remaining steps.
>Step 5
>Locate your MS-DOS prompt. At the prompt type
the letter of the drive in
>which your Omega directory resides followed by
the colon and the pressing
>Enter or Return key.
>Then Type in the following line followed by
pressing the Enter or Return
>key.
>CD\OMEGA\PROG\DRIVERS\NT\SSIREGM LPTPort=n (n,
representing the number
>assigned to your parallel port) You have
completed the installation of the
****************************
>***********************
>Upgrading to TradeStation Version 4.0
>When you are upgrading from a previous version
of TradeStation to the
>current build and you get the message
'SSIACT.386 not loaded' after
>rebooting, you will need to perform these steps:
>1.	Locate the Control Panel. (This can be
found under the program group
>MAIN in Windows NT 3.5X or START - SETTINGS in
Windows NT 4.0)
>2.	Double click the Devices.
>3.	Find the Device name "SSIPDDP: Parallel
port device driver," then
>click on the listing to highlight it.
>4.	Click on the Startup... button.
>5.	Select the Disabled radio button and click
OK.
>6.	You will now need to reboot your computer.
>Once you have restarted Windows NT, you will be
prompted that the SSIVDDP -
>SSIPDDP driver has not been loaded. Please
disregard this message and
>proceed with the installation of TradeStation
4.0. Once the installation is
>complete, Setup will ask you if you would like
to restart the computer.
>Click NO. You will need to enable the device
SSIPDDP. Perform the following
>steps to ensure proper installation:
>1.	Locate the Control Panel. (This can be
found under the program group
>MAIN in Windows NT 3.5X or START - SETTINGS in
Windows NT 4.0)
>2.	Double click the Devices.
>3.	Find the Device named "SSIPDDP: Parallel
port device driver," then
>click on the listing to highlight it.
>4.	Click on the Startup... button.
>5.	Select the Automatic radio button and
click OK.
>6.	You will now need to restart the computer.
>THE INSTALLATION IS NOW COMPLETE.
>If you have any further questions or concerns,
please feel free to contact

On 21 Mar 2001, at 12:17, Jim wrote:

> Win98 has been acting up.  I'd like to hear from anyone who has TS4.0
> running under Win2K successfully before I invest the hours to convert.
>
> Thanks, jim hill

JFB
NYC