Re: TS Pro speed, let's compare notes again, READ.

> The issue is 100% cpu time usage and Windows.
> When Windows is forced to operate in 100% CPU usages,
> it will start to drop windows messages - the default
> way for most programs to operate within Windows,
> like getting mouse move, click, whether to scroll,
> etc.

Given the typical (unbelievably bad) design of Microsoft software,
this wouldn't surprise me too much.  Though I would be a bit
surprised if it happened in NT and W2k.

> For TSPro, its server is a cpu intensive task, thus
> during heavy market hours, it will take more CPU
> usage by design. Then to double the damage, TSPro
> need to talk to this server, and more busy the
> market, more talking is needed. Once cpu usage hit
> 100%, the talking between the 2 apps will no longer
> be guaranteed.

I don't buy this.  TS4 is a CPU-intensive task too.  The TS4 server
runs at 100% all the time.  TS4 has the same architecture of charting
talking to the server.

If 100% CPU usage caused TSPro's problems, TS4 should suffer from it
too. Obviously it doesn't.  Neither do hundreds of other complex
realtime Windows-based applications that also run just fine in 100%-
CPU-usage situations.

I'd bet -- a lot -- that the problem lies not in poor Windows design,
but in poor TSPro design.

> --- "david b. stanley" <davestan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Is it possible for
> > stack overflow to occur thus pushing out surges of
> > processed data in the wrong order?

I very much doubt it would respond like that.  More likely the data
would be lost or corrupted.  But it's impossible to tell without
knowing how the code is written.

Gary