RE: Tendonitis

<< Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 11:16:18 -0800
 From: "David Rosenthal" <davidrnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 To: "Dave..." <denglish@xxxxxxx>, <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
 Subject: RE: Tendonitis

 Dave:

 I find the key issue with the mouse is supporting the elbow and/or wrist so
that the
 wrist is level or slightly "falling" onto the mouse - if your wrist is at or
below
 the level of the mouse, so that your hand is tilted up, this causes
problems.  For a
 long time I kept a small paperback book in front of my mouse pad and rested
my wrist
 on it - this helped me a lot.  Now I have an oversized armrest an my chair
which
 supports elbow and forearm, which is better because there's no pressure on
the wrist
 at all.

The problem is a MOUSE.   Mice are vermin.   I much prefer a trackball, one
with
a large ball (2 inches).  I can rest my forearm on the table, and rest the
heel of my
hand on the trackball's case.  All that moves is the fingers, and they just
lay across
the ball.   You don't have to hold it AND push it AND squeeze the buttons
like with a
mouse.   And I use my left hand on the trackball, even though I am
right-handed.
This eliminates a lot of  the cummulative strain you get on your  "strong"
hand.
It is easy to get used to.   Try it - you'll like it !

donc