Re[6]: TS2000 sp6

On Saturday, March 17, 2001, 7:27:36 AM, pierre.orphelin wrote:

>> Of course! That is EXACTLY what it is supposed to do. :-)

po> OK. In this case, run TS2000 on a backtest machine, and run the
po> mission critical TS2000 ( realtime) on an other one without
po> attempting to do thinks like this.

Of course. Let me try one more time - the ONLY purpose of this note
was to try to find out if interrupted 'pending operations' were a
major cause of the trouble some people have. I notice major problems
if this is the case. If others do too, then this may be one of the
causes of the difference in bugs noted by users.

po> Backtesting huge data with
po> complex code  on the same machine is not recommended.

Of course, but sometimes necessary - good for weekends. :-)

>> (I would suggest you try it as well, but it would not be a useful
>> result. We CANNOT trust you to report honestly about TS problems.)
>> :-)

po> I will not try thinks that I know to be out of the technical boundaries of a
po> realtime machine.

Of course - this was *just a test* to try to establish a 'crasher' in
TS.

>> Large computations are EXACTLY why people DO buy a Cray. :-)

po> Slight different price, I suppose...

Indeed. :-)

>> Rather than be nasty to traders using techniques that may require a
>> lot of computing, why not try to be helpful and offer useful
>> suggestions for those wanting to use such techniques?

po> Done...

Not quite. You simply said not to do it. That is not very helpful. The
real help would be to tell people how to do it with the least
problems, and this gets back to the possible TS 'interrupted' problem.

ztrader