Subject: Orlando Omega Research UG Closing
Date: 6 Mar 2001 02:57:55 -0000
From: "Orlando Omega Research Users Group" <Orlando_OmegaUG@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Orlando Omega Research Users Group" <Orlando_OmegaUG@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Orlando Omega Research Users Group - http://www.Orlando-OmegaUG.org

--------------------------- ListBot Sponsor --------------------------
Build a marketing database and send targeted HTML and text e-mail
newsletters to your customers with List Builder.

http://www.listbuilder.com

It is with great reluctance that I have decided to withdraw as the user
group leader for the Orlando Omega Research Users group. I am making
this
decision based on several factors which I'll enumerate below:

1. Omega Research, as a company, has dropped its support of user groups.
And the method they chose to do this did not officially inform us as a
user group, nor did they contact any of the other leaders to notify us.
No
further referals are being made to new users to the groups, and they
have
removed the user group locator from their web site.

2. Omega Research is now TradeStation Technologies. Their primary
platform
will now be TradeStation Pro. The previous policy was to provide a
functional copy of their trading software to the user group leader to
use
in conjunction with the group meetings for learning and demonstration
purposes. Along with some of you, I was given access to the TradeStation
Pro client during the preview program, but that has now been terminated
and it doesn't look like there will be any future support for user group
leaders.

3. I have started a salaried position which takes up a considerable
amount
of my time. Although my first love has been trading on an intra day
basis,
I have learned through the school of hard knocks that I have more of an
interest in the technical capabilities of the program than in the
execution of the program in a fast paced, high stress environment of the
day trader.

4. Along with the drop in support for user groups, TradeStation
Technologies has dropped the Solution Provider program which my
independent consulting company was a part of. With the demise of those
activites, and the direction to drop any association of my company's
activities with theirs, I will no longer receive any referals from their
company for support and/or support for the user group.

In summing it all up, although I have valued the time we've spent
together
learning about the capabilities of the various TradeStation and 2000i
products along with learning a lot about technical analysis, I have to
turn my attention to persuits that will generate a sufficient income for
my ultimate retirement.

If one of you, locally, wishes to continue in my stead, you may email me
and I will forward your name on to the Special Interest Group
Coordinator
at the Central Florida Computer Society, Arnold Behr. He can provide the
proper liaision for you to pick up where I am leaving off should you
desire to continue meeting at the New Horizon's Learning Center. Or you
can choose to move the meeting to less formal quarters/meeting rooms.

Suffice to say, that on this notice, there will be no March meeting this
coming Saturday; I will leave it to any future leader to pick up where I
leave off, and I will provide access to this email list for him/her to
contact all of you.

Best of luck in your trading activities.

Mike Ungerman
mikeu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx