Re: EL question regarding text display

  • To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: EL question regarding text display
  • From: "Terry B. Rhodes" <trhodes3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 20:49:18 -0800

> After attempting modified versions of the examples in the EL Reference
> Guide, I thought I'd ask for some pointers from the List instead of
> developing a permanent crease in my forehead.
>
> My goal is to have an updating text display in the upper right corner of the
> chart, showing the price value of a moving average one bar ago.
>
> First, can this be done?  Any ideas or pointers to appropriate study
> materials greatly welcomed.

The text functions place text by date and price, not screen
coordinates so an elegant solution to this problem is impossible
unless the chart has a hard coded range.

If the price range varies with the data displayed you have to
assume (or input) the number of bars that are being displayed,
then take the price range over that number of bars, then print
your text at the appropriate price.

Just putting the text in the upper right corner will probably not
work as well as you want because sometimes the chart will be
putting bars there and they will be obscured. A better solution
is to do some looking at the data and move the text to different
areas of the screen as necessary.

If anyone has a better solution than this please let me know.

regards,

tbr