Re: Sharpe Ratio

Thanks everybody for sending in links and formulas ...

The reason for some Sharpe Ratio stuff is that,

1. am testing some trading models.

2. want a more concrete report on sharpe per each
   scenerio in the optimization.

3. Sharpe not in TS.

4. so want to somehow cumulate that information
   during optimization - (trick TS into fileappend
   out the data).

5. trouble is that I need non-trade based data,
   based on what I know about Sharpe Ratio. Instead,
   I need time interval based data on the equity
curve.

6. thus, there is a problem of open trade that
   span across the time partitioning.
   i.e. weekly sampling, monthly, etc.

Anyone has experience in this - should I ignore
that trade and leave that to the next period; or,
by using approximation, I think I can use the
average # of bars per staying in a trade and
the total # of trades to construct a multiplier
to the trade by trade standard deviation ...

All input are welcome.

=====
Lawrence Chan                http://www.tickquest.com
Home of trading tools NeoBreadth and NeoTicker series