Re: Fed Rate Cut

what happend last time?
we were rallying into it on a daily chart.
fed came it and dropped the rates.
the reaction was "buy intraday"
we had a nice pop and then...
the next day we started profit taking and
the overall reaction to the fed easying was....
sell, sell and sell more...
even after more than two weeks since fed eased
rates we are still selling and selling even faster...
tell you what? lot of people got sucked into this
"don't fight the fed" scheme

now if fed comes in on monday or next day and
drops it again...
personally i don't think it will have any substantial
affect. sure we might have a pop again or sell
again who cares...
the main thing is that fed is tied directly to
about 5 major players in the market and those
are playing their own game of chess and shaking
the tree...
what i am trying to say is it all depends on when
they decide on "when is over".

street talk is that we are in global bear market already
( 1 year in US ) and might be in it for 2-4 years.
prices on everything went up in 2000-2001 and
that's showing thru inflation gage.
to flush those buy and holders real well we will have
to dip below 2000 in naz and about 1800 in ndx.
then to flush those dow buy and holders in the dow
dow needs to go 7500 during which time money will
start going back into tech.
and finally to flush Bush out that takes 4 years
of not growing economy.

but you know what, who cares. disregard all... market goes up
we make money, market goes down we make money.
main problem is if market starts going sideways for
some time... then you gotta roll out those oscillator
based systems and dump those trend following systems :-)
that is i think the main concern... at least to me, else
we'll take it as it comes whichever way.
bilo.