Re: TS pro data feed......reliablility

Bilo, TASCALP, et al-

A friend of mine who has been using TSPro for a few
weeks gives me the following feedback:

"It feels like a beta program.  I
really miss the ability to link charts that Qchart
has, and there are also a
lot of little and not so little things that they
should fix or improve.  I
have not used all the features extensively, but for
example in the Level II
screens there is no way to get rid of some columns (a
lot of wasted screen
area), in the time and sale window there is no way to
scroll back, there is
no way to display after market data on the charts,
after market data does
not seem to show up properly in Level II, the
fundamental data screens are
clumsy (too many small pages), no defaults are
provided when opening a new
Level II or T&S or News window (should default to the
current symbol), it
does not handle well multiple monitors (Arrange
windows create stupid sizes,
windows pop to large sizes and do not remember the
last size/position, etc),
some of the chart formatting settings cannot be saved
as defaults and have
to be recreated for each chart.  Qchart also has some
nice fields that can
be added to the quote screens (VWAP, portfolio
holdings values[#
shares,purchase price, etc], fundamentals, money flow)
that are not
available in TSPro.

On the plus side, the data feed has been working
pretty reliably (except for
one day that had a lot of bad ticks ... was a system
wide problem, and they
responded to my email promptly).  It also has more
powerful and more
flexible capabilities in the charting (systems,
additional indicators,
multiple symbols on a chart, probability maps, price
distribution, % charts,
etc) with respect to Qchart, and it is easier and
faster to have multiple
workspaces and switch between them.  If they work in
the right direction
they could probably have a pretty competitive product
in a few months."