BMI/TS4 incorrect Nasdaq volume numbers?

I have quite a few incorrect nasdaq total volume (TVOLQ for me) numbers in
my data as evidenced by none of the daily entries are greater than ~2.1
billion shares even though volume that day indeed was.  I also see there are
days where the "volume" field is negative.

As a specific example, for Jan 31, 2001, I have the following numbers and
fields (as seen in the edit daily data window of the symbol portfolio:

Open 6, High 2147, Low -2144, Close 1916, Volume -1916445296, OpenInt 0.
>From another source I know the Nasdaq total volume that day was ~ 2.38
billion.

This must be a simple problem; I have "None" for both "Price Multiplier" and
"Volume Multiplier" settings and am wondering if these are correct?

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks