Re: How to create screenshot image?

> Can someone tell me the quick and easy way to create a screenshot
> image, so it can be sent as a file attachment?

Someone will probably tell you to hit Alt-PrtScr, then go into MS
Paint and paste in the image.

Don't do it.  Paint will only create BMP (BitMap) files.  BMP's are
ENORMOUS.  I just made a BMP of the Windows Explorer that way, and
saved it out as a 16-color BMP (the smallest format).  It was 595kb.
Then I converted it to GIF and it was 30kb -- BMP was TWENTY TIMES
bigger.

You can download the freeware image viewer IrfanView from
http://www.irfanview.com.  Then you can paste your copied image into
it, and save it as any one of a dozen or so formats.

Always use GIF images for charts and other simple computer-generated
images.  It's the best and most compact format for that type of
image.  Use JPG for photographs.  Don't use BMP for anything.  :-)

Gary