Re: JPY A0-FX satellite ticker in DBC Signal

  • To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: JPY A0-FX satellite ticker in DBC Signal
  • From: Valery Bartashevich <bvs97f@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 03:01:16 -0800

Hi Mario,

>From my personal observation Signal satellite datafeed
in Central Europe area is usually around 3 to 6 seconds
behind the market on FX tickers in European trading
session time.

JPY A0-FX and other FX majors data is pretty clean, High
and Low records usually do not differ significantly from
banks/brokers readings and other datafeeds. I cannot say
the same about Yen crosses like GBPJPY A0-FX. DBC doesn't
care about customer complaints even if you give them the
name of contributor who sews the garbage for hours and
makes your short term charts look like the fence.
They say DBC outsource FX tickers from ADP and have no
control over quality.

When US stock and futures exchanges start business,
FX tickers got semi-dead / you receive half of the
ticks comparing to European session. Same applies
to Asian trading hours.

To conclude: DBC satellite tickers are of medium to
low-end quality which is consistent with a datafeed
price but you still can trade on this real-time
information (pretty good value for this price).
No idea about E-Signal.

Best regards,
Valery Bartashevich
Minsk, Belarus