Three questions for Easylanguage byte heads

One:
I have an Easylanguage function to create a filled in rectangle on a chart
by using a loop and trendlines. It works but is neither fast nor elegant.
And, it does not allow me to draw an unfilled rectangle. Anyone out there
solved this problem with a good code segment or trick?

Two:
>From an indicator plotted on Data stream Data1, I want to know how many
more data streams are open on a chart. Is there a better way than just
checking for a Close or date value on bar 1 of Data2, Data3 etc?

Three:
In easylanguage, can a data stream be passed as a variable or does it have
to be static in the code? In other words, I want to write a function that
uses the data stream passed into the function as a parameter. I know you
can link a variable to a data stream but that still makes for a static
assignment. As a simple example, I would like to do something like:

{Code in my indicator}
My_Function_Return = My_Function_Call("Data2");

{Code in "My_Function_Call" which uses a specified data stream to calculate
values}
Inputs: DataString(String);
My_Function_Call = close of DataString;

Any ideas?