Re: ZA, Routers, Alternatives

I'm using the SolidShare router from solidshare (w3.solidshare.com) between
two NICs on my main PC.  One NIC is on a shared 10BaseT hub with my other
two computers, the other NIC is connected to my ADSL modem.  (Replace the
"w3" in the url references in this message with www.  Jimo doesn't allow
html code in messages posted on this list).

It's cheap and works great.  According to the w3.grc.com Shields Up and
Probe My Ports tests, it leaves all of my systems completely secure and so
far it hasn't interfered with anything I want to do on the net.  It also
lets me share ADSL access among my 3 PCs.

The configuration is amazingly simple.  It took me about 90 seconds between
completing the download and having the router up and running.  No further
fiddling was required.  The internal network NIC and PCs only had to have
fixed IP addresses assigned to their respective NICs.  Nothing else needs
to be done to them.

I have no relationship with the author except as a very satisfied customer.

-uf