Re: Starband, DSL

Keep in mind that your quotes will bea bit behind regular internet.

Starband satellite is at 22K mile geosynchronous orbit.  That
means at least 44K miles up and back.  Longest continental land
line would be 4K miles.  Signals travel at 186,000miles/sec, so
you're looking at at around a 1/4 second delay.  I read an article
where they said 1/2 to 3/4 sec, but I don't know how they come up
with that.

Anyway, if you're not a tick-by-tick trader, the point is moot.