Re: One system tested over an entire portfolio

I've done it but it takes a while and you have to send the output to a text
file or the debug log. This is easy to do in EL since all their system
statistics are either reserved words or can be ouput with some simple math.
Then, basically, set up a group list of stocks in your portfolio. Open the
first chart of that portfolio and apply your system. Then run workplace
assistant against the portfolio. Your output file will have all your
results and if you format it correctly with commas you can plug that into
excel and run all sorts of nifty sorting, stats analysis etc. I once tested
out a system against 2000 stocks and output some basic measurement about
each stock, volatility over several time ranges, ADX values etc, to see
what stocks my system worked best on and any basic similar characteristics
for them. Make sense?

If not, I can write more...

Thomas "Typing Fool" Alexander

                    "Carl
                    Vanhaesendonck"          To:     "Omega List" <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
                    <carlvan@xxxxxxxx        cc:
                    nline.net>               Subject:     One system tested over an entire
                                             portfolio
                    02/15/2001 09:41
                    AM

I am a basic TS user and would like to know if something I am doing
regularly on Omnitrader 2000 is also possible on TS:

Is possible to test a strategy, not by trying different optimizations on
one
symbol, but instead by letting TS scan all my portfolio with the same
unoptimized (and in my case fortunately un-optimizable) system, then just
sorting the symbols on the criterion I selected (percent return for
example)?

I am perhaps stupid, but I never succeeded to do it with TS (or Supercharts
formerly), and never found an add-on capable of it.

I hope I am wrong and that somebody on this list has a solution.

Thank you anyway