Re: Off Topic: No DSL or Cable??

Wow! I don't mean to be insulting or anything but do you have indoor
plumbing? Have you heard the latest fad? Movies with "talking!" (Just
teasing you :) Being a lifelong technophile I can't imagine anyone on less
bandwidth than DSL except my mom and Bulgaria.

Try this: Write a paragraph of what you want to do this weekend and read it
to your partner, dog, mirror whatever. But read only one word at a time
every 8 seconds. Then, read it as fast as you can or better yet, just hold
it up in front of the dog's nose. Method 1 is your bandwidth. Method 2 is
DSL. I have quad-T1 lines at work connected to the backbone. Several grand
a month and other than the government, one of the fastest connections
around. I have DSL at home for $50 a month. I have a hard time telling the
difference between the two. Of course work allows 100 people at a time but
at home, I surf on two computers with multiple browser windows and talk on
the phone all at the same time while in the background I'm listening to
free internet Baroque music on Spinner.com. And I've got an old Dell laptop
and a no-name desktop.

The Fat Lady sang and already went home to bed.
Try it. You'll like it!

                    "Snap ."
                    <snapp33@xxxx        To:     omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
                    ail.com>             cc:
                                         Subject:     Off Topic: No DSL or Cable??
                    02/15/2001
                    06:06 AM

I would like to know the following from the group.
I dont have cable or DSL and am still in the ancient 56K status...has
anyone
ventured into other fast bandwidth modes and how has it been?

Thanks, snapp