Misleading statement in help or just my own ignorance?

In the Tradestation Pro help (and TS2000i help I would
think as well) we find the following statements
defining the reserved word, "Plot":

===begin-quote=======
Note: Once you have defined a plot using the Plot
reserved word, you can reference the value of the plot
simply by using the reserved word, Plot. In the
example below, the reserved word Plot1 is used to plot
the accumulation distribution of the volume. The value
of the plot is referenced in the next statement, in
order to write the alert criteria:

Plot1(AccumDist(Volume), "AccumDist") ;

If Plot1 > Highest(Plot1, 20) then Alert ;

Additional Example
The following statement uses a variable, Value1, to
specify the plot number:

 If Plot(Value1) crosses under Close then buy next bar
on Open ;
===end-quote=======

My confusion is concerning the last statement, as I
had thought it is impossible 1) to have a plot
statement in a signal and 2) to have a buy statement
in an indicator.  So where would this statement not
generate an error?  Is there a construct (e.g.,
paintbar, etc.) which allows this freedom of
programming of which I was previously unaware?

I am still wondering if it is possible to access the
PlotN data from within a signal.  (See previous post a
week or so ago where I explained I was interested in
plotting stuff from within signals to avoid the wasted
time of transferring the value of optimized signal
variable to my indicator without drawing trendlines
from within my signal.)

Jack