Re: Advice on TradeStation Pro (OnLine)

George,

I think by far the most important difference between
TS2000i and TS Pro is that the latter allows you to
analyze any stock you want, not just the ones you've
been downloading for the past few years.  So if you
want to analyze the hot stocks of the day it is easy.

TR Pro does everything RT III does and adds in news
and programmable systems indicators.  And it's
cheaper.  No stupid waste of bandwidth or hard disk
space.  You can't beat it.  You will never spend a day
trying to understand what some indicator formula is
either.  Be sure to have gone through
http://tradestationpro.com/education/06_01/tutorials/
which will clear up most questions.  I didn't even
know about those tutorials until yesterday.

Jack

--- Chad <canutek@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> My trazding method is changing.  I've become less
> systems oriented and more
> discretionary. Using realtime scans of the stock
> universe to help determine
> momentum plays/and "quickly developing" situations.
> One of the reasons for
> the change is trading is my 100% avocation now.  I
> don't know how long this
> will last but it's profitable now.
>
> Speaking of profits Pro Suite or TS pro do not have
> a canned real time
> profit reporting, summary component ( no on-the-fly

The beta tester I spoke with said this is in the
tradeable version of TS Pro, which should be open to
us any day.

> reporting...you need
> formal strategy entry technique).  Real Tic III
> does...along with real time
> order entry.  They also have real time options..TS
> pro doesn't (they say
> they will in the future  but.....)
>
> Big deal is RT III, is broker affiliated fo that you
> can get REAL TIME
> EQUITY,INDEX,AND OPTION QUOTES FOR FREE  (with a
> minimum no. of trades/mo
> (in small print here))
>
> Still I miss the easy (canned) realtime alerts on
> trendlines and indicators
> of TS Pro.
>
> See attached for my other comments on TS Pro .
>
> By the way I am still subscribed to TS Pro/PC
> quote(for the sometimes active
> ProSuite module) and have not permanently moved to
> RT III yet, but,I will.
> I'm in transition now and will miss the Option
> Station package now that it
> finally works.  Will also miss how my hands can fly
> over the OR scene and
> will work through the (for now) hunt and peck RT III
> learning curve.
>
> Good Luck
>
> Chad

data