Passing of variables from indicator to signal

Hi gang,

I have a signal which uses a moving average whose
length I optimize.  What is the best way to plot this
optimized moving average without having to type in
final length after each optimization?  Since
indicators and
signals are different functions it seems I need to
pass the value of the optimized variable to the
moving average indicator.  Is there a way to
pass information from an indicator to a signal?
Are there global variables?

A while back someone asked a similar question.  My
answer and potential solution is to use the number of
shares of my position as the variable, since it is
modifyable and I think everything can read it.  Are
there any other ways?

Jack

Do You Yahoo!?
http://auctions.yahoo.com/