Re: REALITY CHECK

> If you trade a mechanical system, psychology is irrelevant. Just take
> the trades the system gives you and ignore your "feelings."

I have to disagree here.  Even when I started trading systematically,
I ran into psychological problems:  second-guessing the system,
jumping from one system or methodology to another, etc.  Sure, once
you've got a solid system that you really trust, it's easy to take
the signals.  But by then you've probably worked through a lot of
your psychological issues & learned some discipline.

> Trading psychology is a nice cottage-guru industry that is about
> as relevant as system vendors. "Oh, you're losing money? Buy my
> book, it will set your mind straight." "Oh, you're still losing
> money after reading my book? Well, obviously you have deep
> psychological problems. May I suggest some private sessions at $xxx
> per hour?" Bull.

I suspect some people can benefit from conselling or coaching.  But
probably not as many as the booksellers and mentors would have you
believe.

Gary