Re: REALITY CHECK

Sean,

I didn't read the first one but this one is a quite difficult to read ...
less painful than the dentist but slower :-)  I understand from comments I
saw on Amazon that Disciplined Trader may not have clearly provided a
solution.  In that case Trading in the Zone is an advance as it provides a
process that will work if you make the effort.  It is worth the effort.

I think that you're right about when in your trading career you read a
book... sometimes I wish I'd got onto something earlier but then I realise I
wasn't ready (only 100 hours into my 2000).  In this I agree with Lawrence
that you have to get burned to see and feel what you need ... then you can
struggle through Marks writing but recognise yourself at various times.
Only then can you set about fixing yourself.

I'd like to thank Lawrence for his comments and also agree with lazar223
that they were a bit negative.  I think that both systems books will give
you the basis for profitable trading if you get your psychology right.  The
challenge then is to do better than the basics so I'd be curious about
Lawrence's recommendations for material that takes you in that direction :-)

Regards, John