TS2k custom toolbar keeps disappearing

I have an odd problem with TS2k. I set up a custom toolbar and it
might run for days with no trouble. Then, for some strange reason, it
disappears. If this happens, it is nearly impossible to get them to
work again. If a new one is set up, it stays around for a few clicks
and then disappears. I have repeated this several times in one
session, and they still keep going away. I have just watched my fifth
set of custom toolbars go away this session.

I have gone as far as rebooting NT4, and still the problem persists.
This has happened in the past too. I have given up on custom toolbars
many times. It seems that if TS is restarted several times without any
custom toolbars, they may start to work again for a while.

Anyone know how to get them to work all the time? And please, not the
"install everything again" routine that seems to be the universal fix
from Omega.

Does anyone know where the toolbars are stored, so a backup might be
made?

All the extra bells and whistles might look nice, but they seem to
cause problems when used.

ztrader