RE: Need help on Win2000 install

The answer is that you can use any drive recognized by Win2000, so you would
be able to install it in the base WinME drive. However, it must be installed
under the Win2000 OS. When selecting your partition size, don't forget that
most programs you install under Win2000 is add files to that folder. The
best approach is to use Partition Magic to partition your drives as it
permits you to resize them at any time. You'll probably find that you prefer
operating programs under Win2000 if possible.

You may have to make changes to your WinME system.ini file to permit it to
share its swap file with Win2000. Under Win98, you must use, under [386Enh],
"PagingFile={swap file path}\pagefile.sys" and "PagingDrive={swap file
path}". I have put my swap file in a separate partition. Under Win2000, you
can separate your swap file into different locations, so if you want a
larger swap file under Win2000, you can just add another location to the
WinME location. You should reference the correct procedure in the Windows
Knowledge Base.

Lastly, all your hardware that is not compatible with Win2000 must be
disconnected or disabled. Win2000 will attempt to load the incompatible
hardware and crash. I do this occasionally when I forget to turn off my
EZFlyer drive, for which I haven't been able to find a driver.

JFB
Shaven Heads Trading
NYC