Re: running TS4 w/PC Anywhere

> Has anyone run TS4 remotely with say PC Anywhere?

I have.  I set up an old laptop (133MHz with 1024x768 screen)
upstairs near the living area so I could access my trading &
everything-else system without going down to my office in the
basement.  I used NetBEUI over our local LAN as the transport.  (I
didn't want the slightest chance of some net hacker discovering an
open PCA port and commandeering the system.  With NetBEUI as the only
allowed protocol, PCA could ONLY be controlled by the LAN.)

It was a bit slow, but quite usable.  I wouldn't want to use it as my
main/only way of accessing my trading system, but it would do in a
pinch.  With a faster system and bigger screen it would be a lot
nicer.  My work system has a 1600x1200 display, and scrolling that
little 1024x768 screen around on it is a real pain.

I ran into a few display glitches with TS4.  Apparently some of the
graphics tricks they do to speed up chart display don't translate
real well to the PCA model.  Some charts didn't display properly
(missing lots of detail) on the PCA screen, but if I took a snapshot
of the chart, the GIF of the chart displayed just fine.  Often a View
-> Refresh would solve the problem.  Sometimes just hitting the Alt
key to display a menu pulldown was enough to repaint the screen
properly.  Overall it wasn't terribly annoying.  If it was, you could
reformat your charts to cram less onto the screen and then you
probably wouldn't have any trouble with it.

Gary