Interupting TS with a dialog

As TS does not support $Strings for filenames or infact any file
manipulation, I want to use a .dll to do my file management. I want to
prompt the user for filenames and overwrite ok?, choose directory etc etc.

I need to stop TS from doing anything untill the file management is
finished. If I call a save dialog from a .dllI suspect TS will keep
going. By the time the user has finished the file management all the TS
work will be done. I waaay to many variables to store them all for each bar.

Perhaps I can put TS into an infinite loop on the first bar untill the
filemanagement is completed?

Regards
Mike