Re: Pivot Lines

This is a reposted from a message sent over ten hours ago which hasn't shown
up.
This time I'll post the gifs separately

This is an update regarding the Supp/Resis Indicator posted 12/18/2000

I had a request for a Gif because it wasn't plotting correctly so I took a
look at it on some different data and I found something that may be causing
a problem.

The indicator plots when time crosses over Sess1EndTime.
If your data is day only, or (as some of omega's data has) the 24hr data has
missing bars and does not have any bars between Sess1EndTime and midnight,
the indicator does not update that day, because the time did not cross over
Sess1EndTime.
To fix this you can update the indicator 1 bar earlier by inserting a minus
one after the words Sess1EndTime

For 24 hr data
if (Time) crosses over (Sess1EndTime) then MyCloseD = Close;
if (Time) crosses over (Sess1EndTime) then MyHighD = High of Data2;
if (Time) crosses over (Sess1EndTime) then MyLowD = Low of Data2;

To this for day only data
if (Time) crosses over (Sess1EndTime-1) then MyCloseD = Close;
if (Time) crosses over (Sess1EndTime-1) then MyHighD = High of Data2;
if (Time) crosses over (Sess1EndTime-1) then MyLowD = Low of Data2;

The USZ0.gif shows data2 as plotted as daily data.
If you only have tick data and not daily, as an alternative in the ESZ0.gif,
intraday data is plotted as data2 using a large number of minutes (1440)
Because there are not that many bars in the day, Tradestation defaults to
plotting one bar at the end of each session using the tick data.

Neville