LIFFE feed via Futuresource

  • To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: LIFFE feed via Futuresource
  • From: Stefan Schulz <prog1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 08:10:38 -0800

At 13:32 03/01/01 -0600, Timothy Morge wrote:
>There is an old sayings in cash forex [and other trading arenas as well,
>I'm sure]: "If you don't like the first price you see [after the rare
>event catches you in the wrong position], wait until you see the next price."

I was reminded of that today when Futuresource appeared to slip several
minutes behind reality on LIFFE.  Not enough to look incongrous on the
charts and alert me to the fact that there was a problem, but enough to not
like the price when I called my broker to put in the exit order.

Anyone else notice this about either Futuresource or a LIFFE feed today ?

Stefan Schulz
Suaviter Limited
prog1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx