Predict rates/ was Re: Fed's Charter: was/Re: the Fed

joach@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
<.... Do any of you have any
information as to how to do this calcuation...???? ....>

One simple way is to simply subtract the current Fed Funds
rate from the deferred Eurodollar rate.   The difference before
yesterday reflected that the Federal Reserve was already well
behind the markets in pricing money, and that it would be
inevitable that they need to catch up.

The Fed is the tail, the market is the dog doing the wagging..
But the affect and attention afforded their announcements
usually makes it appear otherwise.  That's why, IMHO,
they owe the public and the stock market more
respect than to leverage their drama against participants'
positions--which is the original subject of this thread--not
whether we can succeed with our systems to predict
market turns.

This market was due for a turn anyway, a message that seems
totally lost on most of the responses to my rail against the Fed.
My objection is simply the timing, seemingly purposeful to
target the stock market, is an abuse of power, an accusation
I acknowledge that the Fed continues to deny.

Whether you use cycle analysis, wave counts, sentiment or
systems to predict that a turn was due was never meant to
be the point of this thread.  But probably best we all turn
back to that anyway as this subject seems well exhausted and
less appropriate for this list anyway.

Thanks for all who followed it and contributed...

Scheier