Bullish, Bearish Divergence? Or, hell, lets have some fun:-))

  • To: <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Bullish, Bearish Divergence? Or, hell, lets have some fun:-))
  • From: "Yarroll" <komin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 12:35:27 -0800

Hello List,

Is there any way to make TS recognize an oscillator divergence?
I'm new to the EL coding but I do have to code an oscillator divergence.
Like a goddam very very simple thing, price making new lows and the
oscillator turning north? I have racked Omega's help for.. well help and
below is the best I'm getting. I underscored the most funny part.
So I wouldn't know about divergence minimum 3 bars after it occured? This is
just kidding, right?
This could be funny, I personally spent the whole day over it. Any help will
be very appreciated.

Piotr

BTW. Do I get a significant boost in optimization speed with hardware
buildup? (more RAM, speedier and bigger  HDD, etc)?
{
STRENGTH refers to the number of bars on either side of the Swing Low bar.
The higher the STRENGTH, the longer the Swing Low pattern takes to be
identified. For example, a Swing Low pattern with a strength of 1 needs 3
bars to identify the pattern _______and will not be known until the bar
after it occurred. ____  A Swing Low pattern with a strength of 3 needs 7
bars to identify the pattern and will not be know until three bars after it
occurred.

{** C 1987, 1999 Omega Research, Inc. **}