Re: FutureSource Data

David, If you run the integrity check every day and delete the blocks of
resent data, then you will not accumulate enough errors to cause a problem.
I found running the integrity check once a week keeps the accumulated errors
low enough not to crash TS4, however, waiting two weeks is usually too long.
At once a week, it takes over an hour to run the integrity check on my tick
data. If FutureSource would correct the defect, I could use this hour for
something other than cleaning their data. I use 20 days of tick data for
charting (155 to 400 tick bars). I haven't tried the Dynastore interface
because at the time, the required UMDS was not available. If I'm
misunderstanding the software required to use TS4 with DTN, please let me
know. On the sales tax issue, after talking with Doug Brunner, the contact
person at FutureSource, I asked him to have Chris Mahlman (president), or
John Shillaci (COO) to return my call if they were interested in my paying
the "uncollected sales tax" and explain why I should be held to the
FutureSource "agreement" if FutureSource was refusing to honor the same
agreement? By the way, I contacted the Texas Comptrollers Office and was
told they do not consider me responsible for owing the tax, so my position
will probably be this: As I was quoted a monthly price for a data feed and
told that price included any and all fees, and that each month I submitted a
payment, my account was "Paid In Full", how can I owe anything else? I'll
see what happens.

regards,

Joe Cansler        mailto:jcansler@datarecall.net