Re: Oscillators

Mr. Simms:

My apologies for this delayed reply.  I went to Futures magazine's web site
and could not find the article.  I did find a short description of the
article, but not the article itself.  I have asked them to let me know if
there is a way I could access the article online, but so far they have not
replied.

As you are probably aware N&M Smith has posted some ELA code for this
oscillator.  However, I have only be able to get the two functions to verify
in TS2000i Power Editor.  In the indicator Power Editor does not recognize
the term "OscLen".  Also, I doubt that the two statements "Plot2 LowBand and
Plot3 HiBand" will verify because there isn't any reference to identify what
LowBand and HiBand is.

Basically what this Oscillator is supposed to do is as follows:

For this example the Stochastic will be used.  When the market is in a swing
mode the Dynamo will look basically the same as the regular Stochastic.
When the market is in a trend the Dynamo will stay between the 20 and 80
trigger lines, while the regular Stochastics will be swinging above and
below the trigger line giving false buy or sell signals.  When the trend is
broken the Dynamo will give you a better exit signal.

I haven't given up on Futures magazine yet.  I am going to try to scan the
pages and send them to you but that will have to wait for the weekend.

Regards,

David