RE: Interfacing Tradestation w/ DATEK or other broker

  • To: <fritz@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Interfacing Tradestation w/ DATEK or other broker
  • From: "M. Simms" <prosys@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 11:44:54 -0800

$40 !! Considering an order may be only 10-20 keystrokes, that is a lot !
(per keystoke)

And THEN considering a keystroke is normally only 0.2 seconds, and the
exchange fees and broker overhead would amount to 50% of the charge, the
calculated PER HOUR charge would be:

(40 * 0.5) divided by:
2 orders times 20 keystokes times 0.2 seconds per keystoke divided by 3600
secs/hour

comes out to $9,000 per hour

that's fair....right ?