Re: [OT] Relliable backup tape system

I use and like the Onstream drives. They're reliable and very fast.
Excellent support from the company.

They come in various sizes up to 50 MB (compressed) per cartridge.

I'd recommend the SC50 since it has hardware compression and is
significantly faster than the uncompressed versions. Using software
compression is very slow, and I wouldn't recommend that. I have an
uncompressed 50 MB model (the SC50 wasn't available when I bought it) and
it's quite fast (on the order of 80 - 100 MB per minute). The SC50 is even
faster.

It comes with free software which is pretty good or you can use Windows
backup. There are also third party backup applications, with which I have
no experience.

Check out their web site:

http://www.onstream.com/

It pays to shop around as the street price will be lower than MSRP. Almost
everyone has these (they're very popular), so they're easy to find.

Allan