Re: UMDS and S&P Comstock

On Fri, 27 Oct 2000 09:45:07 -0700, Robert Pisani <pisani@xxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> I will have to change to another real time data service.
>The candidates are:
>DTN
>Data Broadcasting Corporation
>Hyperfeed (formerly PC Quote)
>Any recommendations?

I use both DTN Satellite and Esignal internet (AKA as Data
Broadcasting Corp).  I find that from time to time one is better/ more
up to date than the other for options data bid ask prices.

If you must use only one of them it may depend on your individual
circumstances such as:

How long can you be without Real Time data?
How often do you get thunderstorms?
Will your location allow satellite dishes within 50-75 feet of your
receiver?
How reliable is your internet connection.
How easy would it be for you to install a high speed serial port on
your current computer?
Do you know 24 hours in advance what symbols you need to collect?
Do you expect to collect more than 1,000 symbols?

If you know the answers to the above questions you may not need any
further opinions of how the services are for others.

You probably still have my phone number from the last time we talked,
I am not trading today if you want to call.

Fred

"Success is the only test of genius" -R.Adm Daniel Gallery 1901-1977