Query for DBC cable broadcast customers

Hi guys,

I was a DBC cable broadcast subscriber when living in Cupertino, CA.  Things
weren't perfect but at least "adequate".  In early August I moved to the
Sacramento area.  This area is serviced by Comcast Cable while AT&T was the
"vendor" in Cupertino.  After I arrived here and got my "toys" assembled, I
found that I no data was coming down the cable "pipe".  After a week the DBC
techs decided in their wisdom that the problem was "in MY house" and dropped
the issue.  I'm now using Signal Online (although I would have much preferred
a DIFFERENT vendor with whom to do business!). I've since had issues with DBC
associated with my change to Signal Online, including billing issues.
Anyway, what all these words are leading up to is this:

I've only recently been on the omega-list.  But just after I signed on, there
was a thread about problems being encountered by DBC cable broadcast
subscribers.  Unfortunately I wasn't alert enough at the time to save the
references to "problems" associated with DBC's cable broadcast service.  As I
recall, though, a number of folks reported that cable broadcast data service
had been STOPPED in their area and I THINK the reason was something the Cable
companies had done with respect to the "bandwidth" window through which  DBC
was slipping their data.  I'm trying to first find out whether that problem
existed/exists in my new area, just how widespread the problem is and how
anybody affected resolved the problem.  I was not pleased with the way DBC
dealt with me through this - EXCEPT for the guy who "sold" me the Signal
Online service!  But I guess sales guys are "more reasonable' 'cause they
haven't gotten your money - YET. <G>  I'd appreciate any feedback from "out
there".  If you deem it appropriate just send me your comments by private
e-mail to keep from cluttering up the "list" with this specifice issue. I
don't know if this issues is of broader interest. And, then again, maybe I'm
just a "cranky" and "bitching" customer.  I've been THAT before!

Thanks for any feedback, guys.

Lee Scharpen