Re: Limit Down Bounce

Randall:

I may agree with you with respect to "...a few minutes at most."  My whole
style of trading is based on "get in - get your money - and get out".

But with limit moves, there may be too "wide" of a bid-ask spread for a good
fill, the market may be moving "too fast", your "small order" may get
accidentally "bumped" for a bigger one (I know, this is illegal, but things
"...just do happen..."), etc.

In limit situations, err on the conservative side of caution and stand aside
UNLESS YOU'RE REALLY CONFIDENT IN YOUR CHARTING, DATA, ANALYSIS AND NERVES.
Once your order is placed/filled, it's too late to tell the broker you
changed your mind or you made a mistake.

You bought it - you own it!  And you may not be able to get out just at that
"right price".

Now, having written that, I'm ready for anyone's war story that proves me
wrong - how a trader made a million $ in a couple of minutes in a limit
market.

If you can (make the million $ and/or prove me wrong), GREAT.  All the more
power to you.

But my experience and opinion are that the odds for a little guy's quick
profit in a limit market are against you.