RE: TradeLab Software

John - I will try to answer your questions about TradeLab:

(1) I have been beta testing TradeLab since TradeLab beta testing started in
February 1999.  TradeLab beta testers agreed not to beta test any other
products, so there is no one who has beta tested both TradeLab and
TraderWare.  I looked at the TraderWare demo last year and decided it was
not for me.  There were some posts between Mark Brown and me at that time,
possibly only on the TW list, I don't recall for sure.  There were
tremendous differences between TW and TradeLab then and TradeLab has
improved even more since then.

(2) MarketStream has not yet released its version 3.0 data server which was
promised a long time ago.  That is the primary reason why TradeLab has been
delayed.  An entire new database interface had to be designed and built by
Bob Brickey, the primary TradeLab developer.  This was necessary so that
back-testing and optimization can be performed.  That work has been
completed and TradeLab version 1.0 has been released.  However, TradeLab
works with the MarketStream UMDS version 2.0 very well.

(3) As to what TradeLab can plot.  It plots every tick, not just the last
tick as you state.  It can plot tick bars of any size or time bars of any
size and can show an almost unlimited amount of data on one screen all at
the same time, limited only by your hardware!  If you are used to
TradeStation that statement sounds unbelievable but it is true.  The
appearance of a screen of a large amount of data depends on the quality of
your monitor and the resolution of your video card.  When there is not
enough pixel capacity on your system the bars or ticks overlap each other
but the price movement is clear.  You can easily zoom in and out and
set/change the number of bars or ticks that are shown at one time on one
screen.  No other software that is commercially available today can do
anything like this.  And to top it off you don't have to plot data to use it
in your systems.

(4) The ability to customize how a chart looks is tremendous.  I may not be
as artful as Mark Brown but I have created two workspaces with a total of
five ES0Z charts on them.  There are single tick, tick bar, and time bar
charts ranging from 397,044 single tick bars in one chart (yes I said
397,044) to 15 1,000 tick bars on a chart.  I tried to attach a Word
document shot of these two workspaces but it didn't get through.  I will try
to copy each workspace shot to a separate e-mail and see what happens.

(5) TradeLab is not "tied to the net".  It uses the feeds that the UMDS
currently supports which exclude an internet feed.  However, there are plans
for TradeLab to release an internet data feed interface in the future if
MarketStream doesn't.  The software and data are on your computer.  The
TLData program, which is the TradeLab database program, accepts data from
the UMDS and many other sources including TradeStation and ASCII files of
almost any type.  Only the UMDS interface is enabled in version 1.0.  The
others will be enabled in version 2.0 which is a free upgrade to version 1.0
users.

(6) As to stability: the answer is definitely yes it is very stable.  I run
Windows 2000 and only shut it down once a week to do a complete backup.  I
have been running TradeLab since February 1999 (I started with NT 4.0 before
Win 2000 was released).  I have never had TradeLab crash!  I have had to
close it down because of bugs that were subsequently fixed but it has never
crashed.  It is as stable as any software can be.  You don't have to believe
me.  Order the product and try it for yourself.  If you are not convinced
that this is a revolutionary trading and investing software product then you
can return it within the first 30 days.

Jim Gavey
http://www.Trading-and-Investing-with-TradeLab.com

On October 25, 2000 at 7:56 AM John Mc Kenzie [mailto:intruderjohn@xxxxxxxx]