Re: disabling one CPU on a MPS

Hi

You are not the first one to have a problem with the new installation with
ADSL, I had a problem with an AMD Athlon 750 mhz

Bell south told us it was a problem of CPU, we change of computer for a
pentium III 450 single processor, and we don't have any problem
anymore.

Bell South proposed us as well to download a patch for AMD to help with the
USB port, but it didn't.

They told us that the USB was "too fast" with the AMD.

1/    does your provider propose a patch for your computer or windows 2000 ?

2/    can you configure your USB port at the startup , in the bios ? (or can
you slow down the speed in win 2000 ?)

3/    Is there any update for you motherboard on the web site of the company
which manufacture your mother board ?

4/    is there an update of the USB port available ?

what error message do you have ?

Hope this will help

Emmanuel

Emmanuel