Re: W2000 install

"Philip Nixon (24-7)" <pnixon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>I am doing an upgrade as a total install would
> be just too messy.

You're much better off doing a clean install with dual boot.
However many problems a total install may cause,
the upgrade will be messier.   Microsoft trademark <grin>

AND you will have a working system while
going through the pains of adjusting to a new OS.

In either event,  make sure you're running SP6.
If you have a NTFS volume, win2k will make a
hidden conversion to NTFS5.  NT4 does not
like that.

Get Norton Ghost, image out your whole system
to somewhere safe prior to upgrade/install.

> I am having to upgrade from WinNT to Win 2000
> to get USB for my adsl line.

Why would you want to use USB?  Ethernet is
cheaper and easier to share if you decide
to put multiple boxes on the the DSL line.

Cheers,

Allister