Re: umds contact

I tried the combo with TS2000 which is the same for TS4 and discovered a few
things:

1. As I understand it the free version has no support other than from
application vendors who use it with their products and those I tried were of
no help even though I owned their products.

2. The paid for version does beget responces I am told.

3. DTN Sat/UMDS/USDDe/DynastoreLight has a one second symbol polling
limitation with the current version of DynaStoreLight due to the requirement
of using the USDDe.  What this means is symbols with more than one tick per
second will have less ticks passed to the TS4 server and the TS2000 Global
Server.  It has been said there is an API version under development for
DynaStoreLight that eliminates the need of the USDDe.  There may be some
symbol quantity limitations using this USDDe version, best to inquire about
this.

4. Some users of the UMDS have had the "Loading DTN BDB Error" occur when
putting the UMDS online.  There are no clear instructions on how to prevent
this or to get the UMDS working again once it occurs.

5. The UMDS uses "P" Process codes and requires a few days of running before
the symbols populate the UMDS.  It appears to have very low resource
requirements and runs efficiently.

6. The UMDS will automatically parse the individual components of the
composite issue and breadth and statistic symbols from DTN without your
having to create special symbols.

7. It is best to configure the UMDS data maintenance period at a time other
than when DTN broadcasts P codes and other maintenance information(check
with DTN for times).

8. When the UMDS works, it is very very good.  When it bombs with the BDB
errors, it is very very bad.

9. Have been told that the UMDS is being tested with the new faster DTN
satellite.

Once the DynaStore people get an API version running, it should be one hot
product for TS4 and TS2000 folks.  I for one will be a buyer, but not for
the current version.

BR